Most of the statistical and maintenance reports are produced automatically for libraries and are in the REPORTS logon. That logon is a separate, shared-with-all-libraries Workflows login. The Reports login is used for getting the onshelf hold report, daily, monthly, annual statistics, and maintenance reports such as the local-hold report that runs on the 22nd of each month.
Most of the reports in the shared Reports logon either start with the library’s two or three letter code, or have the library name as part of the report.
A report that end in a plus symbol (+) will print one item/user per line if the Format box is UNCHECKED on the Format page when viewing the report. The word processing software will probably also need to be set to landscape to print correctly. The + reports can also be emailed, but will not print one item per line.
- The log portion of the report has statistics about the content of the report.
- The result is the report itself.
- You can click all three, or just View result and Format report.
Libraries that want to run their own weeding lists can request training from Karla Smith email@example.com.
It is sometimes very helpful to take a WorkFlows report and put it in an Excel spreadsheet to manipulate the data by putting the text report into columns for resorting.
Detailed instructions are here: http://ides.winnefox.org/node/208
Canned reports with lots of columns or rows--for example reports by Home Loc, or User Cat1--require changing the Page Format. Here are instructions:
Changing the Page Format:
- go to the Reports toolbar,
- click on Reports Session
- check the Display Format Page box
- Click OK.
- Now, when you go to Finished Reports and click on View, you will get an extra button called Change Page Format.
- Click on Change Page Format
- Replace the Page Width and Page Length values with 999
- Uncheck the View Log box, unless you really want to see the log. This will reduce the amount of scrolling needed to get to the results.
- Rows and Columns should now display as one solid block without any page breaks or extra headers.
- Now you can copy and paste into Excel, following the instructions above.
When finished, or when viewing a different kind of report, remember to change the Page Format settings back to Page Length 72, Page Width 80.