Come for one or both workshops:
Ebooks & Digital Audiobooks (morning session)
Ebook Reader & Gadget Petting Zoo (afternoon session)
Date: Tuesday March 15, 2011
Location: Ripon Public Library (map)
Morning session: 9:30 am - Noon
break for lunch: Noon - 1:00pm
Afternoon session: 1:00 - 3:30 pm
Ebooks & Digital Audiobooks (morning session, 9:30am - Noon):
Keetra Baker will cover both OverDrive audiobooks & ebooks and NetLibrary ebooks. She’ll demonstrate finding, placing holds, downloading, and transferring digital media onto ebook readers and other mobile devices.
Ebook Reader & Gadget Petting Zoo (afternoon session, 1-3:30pm):
The afternoon session will provide self-paced hands-on time with an iPad, Nook, Kindle, iPod Touch, Flip video camera, and other gadgets.
Note: space is limited; registrations from Winnefox libraries will receive preference if the afternoon workshop reaches capacity.
You may attend both sessions, or just the morning or afternoon session.
Lunch will be available at a cost of $8 per person (payable at the door).
NOTE: lunch reservations are now closed.
Registration is now closed.
Gadget Petting Zoo includes:
- Kindle 3G or Kindle DX
- iPad (with OverDrive app)
- iPod Nano
- iPod Touch
- Netbook (with Adobe Digital Editions installed for use with OverDrive ebooks)
- Creative MuVo mp3 Player (compatible with OverDrive audio books)
- Creative Zen Video mp3 Player (compatible with OverDrive audio books)
- Flip Video Camera
- Canon PowerShot SD750 Digital Camera
- Card Reader, Memory Cards & USB Flash Drives
- PlayStation Portable
- Garmin eTrex GPS Unit