Youth Services and Summer Library Program 2016 Workshop
Date: Tuesday December 1, 2015
Location: Ripon Public Library (Silver Creek Meeting Room), 120 Jefferson Street, Ripon (map)
|9am||coffee & conversation|
|9:30 - 11am||SLP 2016|
|11 - 11:15am||Update on Winnefox support for printing|
|11:15am - 12:30pm||New media and early literacy|
|12:30pm||WYS Guys meet-up and brown bag discussion|
Summer Library Program 2016: Sue Abrahamson will share ideas for engaging library programs, literary-rich activities, outreach programming & effective incentives that work well with the SLP 2016 themes of Wellness, Fitness, and Sports. She'll include ideas that will appeal to youth; from early learners to teens.
Update on Winnefox support for SLP printing: Julie Schmude will answer your questions about changes to the WLS printing service.
New media and early literacy: Becky Pfile and Liz Tubman will provide hands-on instruction for using apps in storytime, and talk about the role of librarians as new media mentors for families & caregivers. Bring the mobile device of your choice so you can try some new apps!
WYS Guys meet-up: Marie Boleman will moderate a Winnefox Youth Services brown-bag discussion. Bring a lunch; complimentary bottled water & sodas will be provided.
- Sue Abrahamson, Children's Librarian at Waupaca Area Public Library
- Julie Schmude, Administrative Coordinator at Winnefox Library System
- Becky Pfile, Director of Endeavor Public Library
- Liz Tubman, Children's Librarian at Menasha Public Library
- Marie Boleman, Youth Services Liaison for Winnefox and Head of Children's and Family Outreach Services for Oshkosh Public Library
Continuing education contact hours: 4
This workshop is sponsored by the Winnefox Library System.