Here are resources from the Youth Services & SLP 2016 workshop, held on 1 Dec 2015 at the Ripon Public Library.
Summer Library Program 2016: Sue Abrahamson shared ideas for engaging library programs, literary-rich activities, outreach programming & effective incentives that work well with the SLP 2016 themes of Wellness, Fitness, and Sports. She included ideas that will appeal to youth; from early learners to teens.
- video recording of the presentation (duration: 90 minutes)
- PowerPoint slides
- resources she mentioned:
New media and early literacy: Becky Pfile and Liz Tubman provided hands-on instruction for using apps in storytime, and talked about the role of librarians as new media mentors for families & caregivers.
- video recording of their presentation (duration: 49 minutes)
Presenters' contact information:
- Sue Abrahamson firstname.lastname@example.org
- Becky Pfile email@example.com
- Liz Tubman firstname.lastname@example.org
Continuing education activity report form
CE contact hours: 4 if you also attended the WYS Guys brown-bag discussion