Job Center Resources Training: Helping Job-Seekers at Your Library
Because some area Job Center office locations have closed or reduced their staff and resource room hours, increased numbers of job-seekers are turning to their library for assistance in finding employment. Providing guidance to job-seekers can be a challenging and time-consuming process. Fortunately, help is out there!
Attend one of these training sessions to enhance your skills for supporting job-seekers. Both sessions will cover resources available at the Job Center of Wisconsin website — Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development staff Deb and Christine will demonstrate the site’s features and ways it’s useful to both patrons and library staff.
- Friday, October 18, 2019
9 - 11am
Oshkosh Public Library, lower level meeting rooms A/B, 106 Washington Avenue, Oshkosh, WI 54901 (map)
- Friday, November 1, 2019
9:30 - 11:30am
Wautoma Public Library, 410 West Main St., Wautoma, WI 54982 (map)
- The Department of Workforce Development's partnership with DPI and libraries
- Overview and "tour" of online services & resources you and your patrons will find at the Job Center of Wisconsin website
- Job Center of Wisconsin best practices
- Basics of helping patrons who are participants in the Unemployment Insurance program:
- overview of the Unemployment Insurance process
- linking to Unemployment Insurance resources
- how your patrons can contact Unemployment Insurance with their questions
- handouts on Unemployment Insurance information, and links to materials available online
- Job Center of Wisconsin Call Center 888-258-9966 information
- Skill Explorer and Wisconomy online tools
- Next steps — how else can DWD staff assist you in helping your patrons?
- Time to answer your questions
Takeaways: by particpating in this workshop, you will:
- Learn ways you can answer your patrons' questions and refer them to resources
- Enhance your skills for supporting job-seekers
- Meet DWD staff who can assist you in answering your patrons' questions
- Deb Warga, Job Service District Director, Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development
- Chris Augsburger, Job Service Employment and Training Specialist, Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development
Continuing education contact hours: 2
These workshops are sponsored by the Oshkosh Public Library and the Winnefox Library System.