Main components of a Microsoft Xbox 360:
- Xbox 360 console
- Game disk(s)
- Controllers (guitar, dancepad)
- Speakers (2 small, 1 subwoofer box)
Set the Xbox Console on a sturdy table with enough room for the projector and the small speakers. The projector puts out a great deal of heat so don’t place it too close to the other items. The larger speaker should sit on the floor.
Insert the YELLOW plug only from the Xbox video cable into the back of the projector. The other two plugs on the Xbox video cable, red and white, get plugged into the Y-cable with red/white plugs at one end, and a green plug at the other end. The green speaker cable then gets plugged into the other end of the adapter. If you are using a normal TV instead of the projector and speakers, the red and white plugs get plugged into the back of the TV along with the yellow plug.
The Xbox comes with one wireless controller, and the guitars for Guitar Hero are also wireless. It should connect without any assistance, but if the green "X" button is blinking on the controller it can’t find the main console. In that case, press the small Connect button on the front of the Xbox just to the right of the memory slots. The large, green "X" button will begin to flash in a circular pattern. Then press and HOLD the small Connect button on the back of the Xbox controller, or the bottom of the Guitar Hero Guitar, and the number (1,2,3 or 4) on the green "X" will light up.
It is also worth mentioning that you should plug in the DDR dance pad before the Xbox 360 console is turned on. Otherwise it won’t let you use the dance pad as a controller.
Turn on the projector, and once it warms a bit you can adjust the size and focus of the image using the lever on top of the projector and by turning the lens in front.
- Try to make sure that people aren’t standing too close to one another to minimize the possibility of heedless limb damage.
- Recommend that players do a little stretching before playing DDR. It is real exercise to play!
- Recommend to patrons that they wash their hands before and after playing. I will clean everything when it comes back to Winnefox, but that probably won’t be adequate. You should have wet-wipes on hand.
- When playing DDR, players should be wearing (preferably clean) socks! Shoes will wear out the playing surface really quickly and having multiple players in bare feet is asking for trouble. Again, stretching before playing DDR is highly recommended.
Contact Pete Hodge at 920-236-5273 if you have questions about the Microsoft Xbox 360 or need more information about Winnefox's video games.