To assist Winnefox member libraries in their public information efforts, Winnefox has five (5) laptop computers and two (2) projectors available for loan.
The equipment is for WLS-member library directors to use in public programs in their communities or for staff training. The equipment may be used in the library or at other locations.
To reserve laptops and projectors, contact Pete Hodge at 920-236-5273 or firstname.lastname@example.org. To ensure availability, you should reserve the equipment as far in advance as possible.
Guidelines for use:
- The laptops and projector are not available for loan to the public.
- Each laptop will have the following software installed:
- web browsers
- Microsoft Office programs (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)
- Pete may be able to install additional software if you need something else; contact Pete for more information. Note: you will not be able to install software yourself.
- If you have a prepared presentation (like PowerPoint) you may email it to Pete and he will load it onto the laptop.
- Winnefox will try to have several "canned" presentations loaded on the laptop. You may not modify these but you are free to make a copy and customize the copy for your own library.
- The "package" will contain the following equipment:
- Laptop computer(s)
- Extension cord
- Network cable
- Power cord
- Although the computers are "network ready" that doesn't mean it can plugged into any computer network. It is configured for the WALS network. If the other network is Windows NT-based we may be able to configure the laptop so you can have Internet access; contact Pete for more information. If the other network is not Windows NT-based you will not be able to connect to it for Internet access.
To ensure availability, you should reserve the equipment as far in advance as possible.
On receiving the equipment try it out to make sure it works and that you understand how to use it, before using it for your program.