The Beginnings, Current Status and Next Steps of PLSR (Public Library System Redesign)
The Public Library System Redesign (PLSR) Steering Committee and workgroups have been working on new coordinated service model concepts over the last year and during this next year, with continued input from our library community, will be more fully developing their model ideas. The goal of the process is to identify models to maximize the investments made into coordinated services and to improve services to public libraries and the citizens of Wisconsin. In addition to providing background about PLSR, participants from the Steering Committee, workgroup leadership and the Department of Public Instruction will provide an update on the progress of the project to date. This will include the status of activities and model development of the workgroups, the Steering Committee’s process and timeline, and how you can be involved! To learn more about PLSR, please visit: www.plsr.info.
- John DeBacher, Director, Public Library Development, Division for Libraries and Technology; DPI Liaison to the PLSR Steering Committee
- Tasha Saecker, Assistant Director, Appleton Public Library; PLSR ILL/ILS Workgroup Facilitator
- John Thompson, Director, Indianhead Federated Library System; PLSR Steering Committee Chair
The webinar will be recorded, and will be available for viewing soon afterward.
All library board trustees, library staff, volunteers, and Friends group members are welcome to participate. There is no charge.
Contact hours for continuing education toward public librarian re-certification: 1
To participate: all you need for the visual is either...
• an internet-connected computer; you can test your computer & connection ahead of time, or
• an iPhone®, iPad® or Android® device; just download the free GoToWebinar app ahead of time
For the audio, either...
• earbuds, headphones, or speakers connected to your computer or device, or
• use a telephone or speakerphone to call in (long distance rates apply)
New to webinars?
• View the Attendee Guide so you'll know what to expect.
• As soon as you register for a webinar, a confirmation email will be sent to you from Jean Anderson via GoToWebinar Global Customer Support <email@example.com>.
• You'll receive an email reminder prior to each webinar, which will have a link which reads, "Click here to join" — this is the link you'll click to connect to a session.
• Before joining a webinar session, please turn off other software or processes on your computer that would compete with your Internet bandwidth. (Programs like automatic updates, instant messaging, email, etc., if running during the webinar, may degrade the quality of the webinar's audio and video.)
This webinar is part of the Wisconsin Trustee Training Week series, which was coordinated by the South Central Library System, and is supported by Arrowhead Library System, Bridges Library System, Indianhead Federated Library System, Lakeshores Library System, Manitowoc-Calumet Library System, Milwaukee County Federated Library System, Monarch Library System, Nicolet Federated Library System, Northern Waters Library Service, Outagamie Waupaca Library System, Southwest Wisconsin Library System, Winding Rivers Library System, Winnefox Library System, and Wisconsin Valley Library Service.