Meetings may sound boring to some but in fact, they are the best place to discuss your library's policies, how busy the library is, and how well the library is meeting its goals. Surprisingly, many boards do not function well. There may be a bully on board, someone might dominate the conversations, or there might just be plain personality clashes. This program will show you how to resolve any issues you may have and how to prevent them from happening in the first place.
Presenter: Christine Hage, Director, Rochester Hills Public Library Division Councilor, United for Libraries
All library board trustees, library staff, volunteers, and Friends group members are welcome to participate; there is no charge.
To participate: all you need for the visual is either...
• an internet-connected computer; you can test your computer & connection ahead of time, or
• an iPhone®, iPad® or Android® device; just download the free GoToWebinar app ahead of time
For the audio, either...
• earbuds, headphones, or speakers connected to your computer or device, or
• use a telephone or speakerphone to call in (long distance rates apply)
New to webinars?
• View the Attendee Guide so you'll know what to expect.
• As soon as you register for a webinar, a confirmation email will be sent to you from Jean Anderson via GoToWebinar Global Customer Support.
• You'll receive an email reminder prior to each webinar, which will have a link which reads, "Click here to join" — this is the link you'll click to connect to a session.
• Before joining a webinar session, please turn off other software or processes on your computer that would compete with your Internet bandwidth. (Programs like automatic updates, instant messaging, email, etc., if running during the webinar, may degrade the quality of the webinar's audio and video.)
Contact hours for continuing education toward public librarian re-certification: 1
This webinar is part of the Wisconsin Trustee Training Week series, which was coordinated by the South Central Library System, and is supported by Arrowhead Library System, Bridges Library System, Indianhead Federated Library System, Kenosha County Library System, Lakeshores Library System, Manitowoc-Calumet Library System, Milwaukee County Federated Library System, Monarch Library System, Nicolet Federated Library System, Northern Waters Library Service, Outagamie Waupaca Library System, Southwest Wisconsin Library System, Winding Rivers Library System, Winnefox Library System, and Wisconsin Valley Library Service.