Becoming a new trustee can be an intimidating experience. There’s that huge DPI Trustee Manual, there are all those acronyms to learn and the decisions you have to make can affect people in your area for years. Krista will simplify the process of orientating new trustees. A few basic principles to know and understand will enable new trustees to hit the ground running, be effective early, and set the tone for continuous learning of all the information they need to know to represent their library or system in an efficient manner.
Presenter: Krista Ross, Executive Director, SELCO, Rochester Minnesota
All library board trustees, library staff, volunteers, and Friends group members are welcome to participate; there is no charge.
To participate: all you need for the visual is either...
• an internet-connected computer; you can test your computer & connection ahead of time, or
• an iPhone®, iPad® or Android® device; just download the free GoToWebinar app ahead of time
For the audio, either...
• earbuds, headphones, or speakers connected to your computer or device, or
• use a telephone or speakerphone to call in (long distance rates apply)
New to webinars?
• View the Attendee Guide so you'll know what to expect.
• As soon as you register for a webinar, a confirmation email will be sent to you from Jean Anderson via GoToWebinar Global Customer Support.
• You'll receive an email reminder prior to each webinar, which will have a link which reads, "Click here to join" — this is the link you'll click to connect to a session.
• Before joining a webinar session, please turn off other software or processes on your computer that would compete with your Internet bandwidth. (Programs like automatic updates, instant messaging, email, etc., if running during the webinar, may degrade the quality of the webinar's audio and video.)
Contact hours for continuing education toward public librarian re-certification: 1
This webinar is part of the Wisconsin Trustee Training Week series, which was coordinated by the South Central Library System, and is supported by Arrowhead Library System, Bridges Library System, Indianhead Federated Library System, Kenosha County Library System, Lakeshores Library System, Manitowoc-Calumet Library System, Milwaukee County Federated Library System, Monarch Library System, Nicolet Federated Library System, Northern Waters Library Service, Outagamie Waupaca Library System, Southwest Wisconsin Library System, Winding Rivers Library System, Winnefox Library System, and Wisconsin Valley Library Service.