You & your library's trustees are invited to attend any or all 5 of these webinars during Wisconsin Trustee Training Week, August 13 – 17, 2018. All presentations start at noon, and last 60 minutes.
- Orientation for New Library Board Trustees on Mon. Aug. 13
- Effective Boards Have Effective Meetings! on Tue. Aug. 14
- From Advocate to Activist on Wed. Aug. 15
- Wisconsin Public Library Standards for Trustees on Thu. Aug. 16
- Crafting Your Library's Story with Data on Fri. Aug. 17
All library staff, board trustees, volunteers, and Friends group members are welcome to participate. There is no charge. All of the webinars are eligible as continuing education contact hours (1 per webinar) toward public library director recertification.
To participate, all you need is...
for the visual, either...
- an internet-connected computer; you can test your computer & connection ahead of time, or
- an iOS, Android or Windows device; just download the free GoToWebinar app ahead of time
for the audio, either...
- earbuds, headphones, or speakers connected to your device, or
- use a telephone or speakerphone to call in (long distance rates apply)
If you're not able to attend live, the webinars will be recorded.
The Wisconsin Trustee Training Week series was coordinated by the South Central Library System, and is supported by Arrowhead Library System, Bridges Library System, Indianhead Federated Library System, Lakeshores Library System, Manitowoc-Calumet Library System, Milwaukee County Federated Library System, Monarch Library System, Nicolet Federated Library System, Northern Waters Library Service, Outagamie Waupaca Library System, Southwest Wisconsin Library System, Winding Rivers Library System, Winnefox Library System, and Wisconsin Valley Library Service, as well as the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction (DPI) Public Library Development Team, with funding support from the Institute of Museum and Library Services.