You & your library's trustees are invited to attend any or all 5 of these webinars during Wisconsin Trustee Training Week, August 21 – 25, 2017. All presentations start at noon, and last 60 minutes.
- How to Turn Your Library Board into an Effective Team / Monday, August 21
- Policies For Results / Tuesday, August 22
- Engaging Your Board, Staff, and Community in Strategic Planning / Wednesday, August 23
- Everyday Advocacy / Thursday, August 24
- The Beginnings, Current Status and Next Steps of PLSR (Public Library System Redesign) / Friday, August 25
All library staff, board trustees, volunteers, and Friends group members are welcome to participate. There is no charge. All of the webinars are eligible as continuing education contact hours (1 per webinar) toward public library director recertification.
To participate, all you need is...
for the visual, either...
- an internet-connected computer; you can test your computer & connection ahead of time, or
- an iOS, Android or Windows device; just download the free GoToWebinar app ahead of time
for the audio, either...
- earbuds, headphones, or speakers connected to your device, or
- use a telephone or speakerphone to call in (long distance rates apply)
If you're not able to attend live, the webinars will be recorded.
The Wisconsin Trustee Training Week series was coordinated by the South Central Library System, and is supported by Arrowhead Library System, Bridges Library System, Indianhead Federated Library System, Lakeshores Library System, Manitowoc-Calumet Library System, Milwaukee County Federated Library System, Monarch Library System, Nicolet Federated Library System, Northern Waters Library Service, Outagamie Waupaca Library System, Southwest Wisconsin Library System, Winding Rivers Library System, Winnefox Library System, and Wisconsin Valley Library Service, as well as the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction (DPI) Public Library Development Team, with funding support from the Institute of Museum and Library Services.