Below are links to free recordings of webinars & workshops.
You can view these recordings via your computer with speakers or a pair of headphones, though you may need to download a free media player specific to the software used for the webinar.
Important: if you wish to be awarded contact hours toward recertification contact Joy Schwarz at email@example.com or 920-236-5218 before viewing these Category C (self-directed) CE activities. [explanation below]
- WebJunction — local funding through community advocacy; technology; rural libraries
- InfoPeople — top tech trends for the non-technical; turning customers into champions through word of mouth marketing; re-energizing your preschool storytime
- TechSoup — fundraising; social media; technology
- South Central Library System — grant writing; advocacy; CCBC shorts childrens' and YA book news
- Nicolet Federated Library System — customer service; social media; communication
- Indianhead Federated Library System — creating dynamic displays, outreach to the blind or visually impaired, working with volunteers
- Georgia Library Association — Carterette Series on ebooks; social media; information literacy
- NCompass (Nebraska Library Commission) — book discussions; social media
- Booklist — readers advisory; fiction trends for genres and age groups
Category C: Self-Directed Continuing Education Activities. This category includes self-directed continuing education activities for which no academic credit or equivalencies are awarded and which are not preplanned continuing education activities on specific topics offered by agencies, organizations and professional associations. The learning activities, however, must be planned, coordinated, administered, and evaluated in terms of learning objectives.
Determination of the number of contact hours to be awarded for activities in this category will be made by the participant’s validator, based on actual hours of continuing education activities, but not to exceed 10 contact hours awarded per learning activity (each bulleted item signifies a single learning activity). Certification participants are advised to consult with the certification validator prior to participation in a self-directed learning activity, particularly if they aren’t sure whether an activity qualifies. Participants in activities in Category C must document their participation by submitting a Continuing Education Activity Report form.
Among the learning activities that may qualify if they meet the above conditions are:
- Listening to and/or viewing an audiotape or videotape of a workshop presentation or conference program.
source: Certification Manual for Wisconsin Public Library Directors , page 24 of the PDF