CE Scholarship Fund 2021-2022 Request Form
Winnefox is offering competitive scholarships to support costs for library staff attendance at continuing education events.
Costs eligible for scholarship funds:
- conference and preconference registration fee (WLA, WAPL, PLA, ARSL, ALA, etc.)
- expenses related to CE event attendance (mileage, meals, lodging, parking)
- Substitute Library Assistants and extra staff hours to cover a vacancy while attending a CE event
- courses and classes (the four library courses and textbooks for director Grade 2 and 3 certification, iSchool @ UW-Madison, Library Juice Academy, etc.)
- workshops and webinars that are fee-based (ALA, YALSA, Library Journal, Library 2.0, League of Wisconsin Municipalities, etc.)
- other categories may be eligible; please contact Joy at firstname.lastname@example.org or (920) 234-6213 with your questions
$500 maximum scholarship per person, per cycle. (Though if you are awarded $500 once, you might not be awarded the maximum amount a 2nd or 3rd time.)
Workflow: a staff person ...
- uses local or personal funds to pay fee or expenses
- applies for scholarship funds using this form
- whose application is accepted will receive from Joy an email confirmation of funds granted (after each cycle's deadline date)
- sends an email (with scanned receipts attached) to Marcy Cannon to request reimbursement from scholarship funds
- receives reimbursement
Please note, if an individual recieves personal reimbursement for the expense they will need to fill out W-9 form. If reimbursement in one calendar year to a single individual totals more than $600, income from the scholarship is taxable.
The $18,572.37 in scholarship funds will be distributed in 3 cycles:
- July - October 2021
deadline to apply: October 15, 2021
- November 2021 - February 2022
deadline to apply: February 15, 2022
- March - June 2022
deadline to apply: June 15, 2022
Questions? Contact Joy Schwarz at email@example.com or (920) 234-6213.
Scholarship funds are made possible by the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction (DPI), Public Library Development Team, with funding support from the Institute of Museum and Library Services.